OpenVPN for Windows 7, 8, and 10
This document assumes you already have the OpenVPN Client for Windows installed. If you do not have it installed, you can download it from http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html or https://support.leahscape.com/downloads/openvpn-install-2.3.7-I602-x86_64.exe. Once this is installed, follow these steps.
1. Right click the OpenVPN GUI icon on your Desktop and select Run as Administrator.
2. Windows will prompt you to authorize changes be made to your computer. Select Yes.
3. The OpenVPN GUI icon will appear in your tray.
4. Download the OpenVPN configuration file from the 'Actions' menu in the customer panel here http://getfoxyproxy.org/panel . Select Copy from the alt context menu. If you have any trouble downloading the configuration file, contact FoxyProxy Support and we'll be happy to provide it.
5. Open Windows Explorer by hitting Windows Key + E. Browse to Program Files > OpenVPN > config, right click in the folder window, and select Paste.
6. Click Continue to authorize writing the config file into this directory.
7. Right click on the OpenVPN icon in the tray and select Connect.
8. The OpenVPN connection status log window will open and prompt you for your username and password. Enter the credentials provided to you in your welcome e-mail, then click OK.
9. You'll know the connection was successful because you'll see a status message stating "Successful ARP flush on interface" at the bottom of the log. The status window will then close soon after.
10. You may see a status bubble appear from the tray icon indicating a successful connection to the OpenVPN server.
11. Test browsing to http://getfoxyproxy.org/geoip to confirm your IP address is that of the OpenVPN server.